Having your own online business can be challenging. You rely on online sales to be successful, and for this you need buyers. One of the most effective ways to reach customers is through your email marketing plan.
Whether it’s a welcome email or a promotional email, what you write in your email makes a big difference in whether or not you can convert people into buyers. Use these simple and effective tips to create an email that sells. These tips should also be applied to your online listings, so people feel there is a cohesiveness when they click through to your site.
Write an Emotion-Packed Email
The best responsive email happens when you personalize the content and focus on building positive emotions in people. The psychology behind buyer behavior includes the fact that purchases can be influenced on how you make someone feel. If you demonstrate that your product or service can fill a need or want, buyers will be more likely to buy.
Here’s what to include in your email campaign:
- Loyalty rewards for repeat customers or how to sign up for those rewards.
- Know your audience and what they’re looking for. What emotion can you make them feel through what you’re selling?
- Use words that build emotional ties. Once you’ve found the emotional connection use words that allude to how you can fill their wants and needs.
- Include facts and supporting data about the product you’re selling.
- Address customer needs – why can’t a buyer live without your product?
Write Emails That Get Attention
Your email marketing campaign can help you make sales with existing buyers, find new customers, and help increase your ROI no matter what products or services you’re selling. You’ll get more response when you add these elements into the content of your email:
- Write an attention-grabbing and effective email subject line – keep it short, avoid filler words, and put the most important words at the start of the line.
- Write preview text that tells even more about the content of your email.
- Highlight price reductions so they stand out.
- Stick to a basic structure that flows from start to finish.
- Keep sentences and paragraphs short.
- Use power words that paint a picture.
- Include subheadings and bullets to break up the email and make it easy to scan through.
Keep it Professional
It may be tempting to write an email that’s creative and unique, but don’t go too far. When people open your email, they want to be able to quickly scan through and see what it is that you’re selling. Stick to these simple formatting rules:
- Make sure your email can be read on any device, including mobile phones. Online consumers are using their phones more than ever when shopping.
- Use simple and professional font styles that are easy to read.
- Add an image to your email – people are more likely to buy if they know what your product looks like. On your listing page, make sure to include at least five images with different angles and video demonstrations or testimonials, if possible.
Use these tips listed here to write an email that grabs the attention of buyers and turns your email campaign into more sales. For additional tips that you can apply to your online listings, see the visual below from ForSaleByOwner:
Guest Blog Author Bio: Kiana is a Content Marketing Specialist with a passion for writing and all things creative. She loves exploring a diverse collection of topics including business, marketing, cybersecurity and everything in between! When she’s not writing you can find her traveling, going for runs along the San Diego coastline and performing music.