Ecommerce brand estimations for the year 2019 show that there will be 1.92 billion digital buyers worldwide, which is around 25% of the global population. The popularity of online trade is on the constant rise, and we will hardly see any decline soon.
This trend is, indeed, a great chance for entrepreneurs, but it still doesn’t give any guarantees for success. In such a competitive market, companies need to find a way to stand out from the crowd, attract and keep their customers.
The only way to achieve these goals is by building a strong and relatable eCommerce brand, the one your business will be recognized by. Here are some key points you should focus on.
Identify your audience
To be able to create a strong brand that your potential customers could relate to and become loyal to, you need to have a clear idea of your target audience.
It’s a simple fact that your brand can’t be appealing to everyone, but you can make it attractive to a certain group which you will be targeting with your branding campaigns. This means you need to create your buyer persona, according to the data you’ve gathered in detailed market research.
In addition to getting as many details as you can on your current customers, use social media analytics tools to get information on people who are communicating with your brand online, and check those interacting with your competitors, too.
As different groups of people may buy the same products for different reasons, you’ll need to have a buyer persona for each of the groups so that you can tailor your message to fit their specific needs, behaviors, pain points and buying patterns. It’s much easier to craft your campaign when you have a real person in front of you, so give your buyer personas names, faces, occupations, and interests.
When building your brand, you need to tell your customers who you are and what differs your brand from all the others in the market. You can achieve this by making your business mission and vision a part of your brand image, as well as the values your brand stands for.
This will make it easier for you to communicate your brand message to your target audience, as it will give them a straightforward answer on why they should care about you, making it possible to relate to your brand and form a meaningful relationship with your eCommerce store.
This means you need to communicate with your customers on a more personal level, tailoring your message to resonate not only with their needs and pain points but also with their emotions. Some statistics even claim that 85% of the customers have a more positive image of a product or a company when it supports the charity they care about, while 80% would likely switch the company to the one which supports such a cause.
May your customers’ needs always come first
Just how successful your eCommerce business will be on the market largely depends on how you treat your customers, so put an extra focus on your customer service when building your brand image.
Here are a couple of ways on how to achieve this.
- Pay attention to the little things which could erode your customers’ trust. Do all that you can to make your pages load quickly, make sure you have no broken links or spelling errors, keep your site clean and easy to navigate.
- Make sure all your prices, shipping, and other costs are transparent. Unexpected costs are the number one reason for shopping cart abandonment.
- Offer your customers social proof for the quality of your service on your website, as well as on other relevant sites.
- Convince your customers that you are taking extra measures to protect them from cybercrime and keep their data secure– use payment systems that are familiar and safe such as PayPal.
- Provide accurate and detailed information for each one of your products.
- Create a great return policy to inspire confidence.
- Have a detailed FAQ page where you will address your customers’ concerns.
- Offer phone customer support for a more humanized approach. Nextiva offers VoIP solutions that will enable you to stay connected with your customers wherever your support representatives are.
- Answer every feedback you get from your customers, both the positive and negative ones, in a timely manner. Don’t let your customers wait.
Trust is crucial for creating a relatable ecommerce brand and installing loyalty in your customers, as well as for building your business reputation, so never take it lightly.
Find your own voice
Your brand voice and the way you communicate with your audience should be matching your brand image and personality, as well as the traits of your target audience. You can define it in various ways:
- Conversational etc.
If you keep it consistent on every channel you use when communicating with your customers, you will notice that your brand is strongly connecting with your consumers.
To achieve such consistency, you need to make sure all the crucial items that create your brand appeal and brand identity are preserved in every touchpoint with your target audience.
This is equally important for your social media campaigns, online customer support or digital business card printing – your taglines, logo, name, typeface as well as tone should always be consistent so that your brand and its message are easy to recognize and grasp.
In order to succeed in the eCommerce market, you need to make sure your unique voice is heard and noticed. Building a strong, trustworthy and relatable brand is the only way to achieve this.
Check out his other guest blogs on Kevy about the undeniable advantages of CRM for eCommerce, how to inject personalization into your marketing strategy, and clever ways to use FOMO marketing!